Data Governance, Usage and Management Consultant
Job ID 732
Working Hours 8am to 5pm
Gender No Gender Restriction
Experience 5 Years
Job Title: Data Governance, Usage and Management Consultant with NYS experience
AZH Consulting Corp is seeking a highly skilled Data Governance Consultant with experience working in the NYS government agency to join our team. As a consultant, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a data governance framework for our client (The New York State Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs (Justice Center)) to ensure they meet their business goals. You will also be responsible for training our staff on the data governance framework and ensuring that it is being followed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze the client’s business and data governance needs, objectives, processes, and tools to develop a comprehensive data governance framework.
- Define roles and responsibilities for data governance and establish metrics for success.
- Implement data quality management processes and tools to ensure accurate and consistent data.
- Create and maintain data dictionaries and metadata repositories.
- Enforce data security and privacy policies to ensure compliance.
- Monitor compliance with data governance policies and procedures.
- Conduct data audits and risk assessments.
- Train and educate staff on data governance best practices.
- Stay up-to-date with new developments in data governance and data management.
- Prepare reports and presentations for senior management.
- Provide advice and guidance to clients on data governance issues.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience working with data governance in a corporate or NYS government agency setting.
- Expertise in data management, data quality, and data security.
- Strong understanding of data governance frameworks and methodologies.
- Ability to develop and implement policies and procedures.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Work experience with NYS agencies.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field.
- Certification in data governance or related field.
- 7+ years of experience working with data governance in a corporate or NYS government agency setting.
- Experience with data mining and data analysis.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
161 Delaware Avenue, Delmar, NY 12054
Length of Contract: Three Years
If you have the required skills and qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your application for consideration.