Expert Project Manager
Job ID 687
Qualification Degree Bachelor
Working Hours 40 per week
Gender No Gender Restriction
Experience 7 years
Read the Job Description and Experience requirements carefully
Duration: 18 Months
LOCATION: Albany, NY – Onsite
The Expert Project Manager will be expected to provide Project Management support for large programs such as DMV Modernization.
- Project Manager – Plans, organizes and integrates cross-functional information technology projects that are significant in scope and impact.
- Expert 84+ months – Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 months experience with following an industry-accepted Project Management methodology. List the methods used
- 84 months experience in the creation of meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and project communications for multi-year/cross functional projects.
- 84 months experience in the creation of project management scopes, business cases, and/or project plans for multi-year/cross functional projects.
- 84 months experience in project management, maintaining and managing a multi-year/cross functional project schedule including milestones and resources. Describe the goals of those projects.
- 84 months experience as Project Manager in a federal/state or public facing application project implementation.
- 60 months experience as a Project Manager for a business process reengineering project.
- 60 months experience managing projects with 15 or more project participants. Briefly explain the scope of those projects
- Managing projects and teams utilizing Project Management Life Cycle and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Managing multiple projects and/or multi-year projects that result in the successful implementation of complex information technology solutions.
- Creating and managing the project scope and the project management plan. Leading resources and communication at different levels across multiple state agencies.
- Manage project(s) over the full life cycle from origination through close out in accordance with the ITS PMO framework and project governance guidelines
- Resource allocation, estimating, and reporting
- Identify and maintain critical path and contingencies
- Utilize formal project change control process and communicate changes with all stakeholders
- Risk monitoring, control, and mitigation planning e. Support and guidance for resulting business process changes
- Planning and support during training and transition
- Manage project teams to implement a complex information technology solution
- Create and manage project documentation including but not limited to scope statement, schedule, budget, quality plan, risks, issues, and communication plan.
- Manage project team and its activities including; negotiating with senior management on resource allocations, project responsibilities and tasking
- Conduct regular status meetings to ensure stakeholder’s expectations are met. Produce written project weekly and monthly status reports. Communicate project status to all levels of stakeholders including executives, sponsors, and management
- Facilitate project, sponsor, and executive level meetings
- Manage projects with 20 or more project participants.
An Information Technology (IT) professional business leader providing IT services to the public sector. Our firm is founded on the values of high integrity, trust, honesty, and commitment. We take pride in providing exceptional value to our clients by supplying and delivering the best IT project-based and hourly talent across the nation. We are business partners with many technology solution providers such as IBM, AWS, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Tableau, Salesforce, and others. Tech Valley Talent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- English Native or bilingual proficiency